Re: snapscan and aic7xxx driver don't work together

From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 01:00:48 PDT

    Steffen Kluge wrote:

    > On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 11:53:46AM +1000, Ben Stanley wrote:
    > > Unfortunately, the aic7xxx_old driver is no longer supported, so I hope the
    > > aic7xxx driver is fixed soon. I'll email the author.
    >
    > I thought the author was Adaptec, sort of. Wasn't that the reason
    > to phase out the old driver?

    In the course of trying to solve the problem, I did a bit of reading around...
    this message was the one that gave me an idea on how to fix it.

    http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0104.1/0202.html

    The maintainer of the adaptec scsi driver is Justin Gibbs, who actually started
    writing the drivers for BSD, then handed the project over to Doug Ledford.
    Justin was recently employed by Adaptec to take the drivers back and re-write
    them. So it seems that Adaptec wants to support these drivers.

    http://opensource.adaptec.com

    I emailed Justin about the problems but so far I haven't heard back. I should
    probably mail to the linux kernel mailing list.

    Ben.