Re: snapscan and aic7xxx driver don't work together

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 09:56:21 PDT

    Ben Stanley wrote:

    > using the aic7xxx driver. Unfortunately, my Acer Prisa 620s (snapscan
    > backend) does not work with this scsi card, while it worked acceptably
    > with the old one.

    What means "does not work"?

    > scsi generic sg0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 2, lun 0, type 6
    > Jun 26 11:37:58 dragon kernel: (scsi0:A:2:0): refuses synchronous
    > negotiation. Using asynchronous transfers
    > Jun 26 11:37:58 dragon last message repeated 22 times
    > Jun 26 11:37:59 dragon saned[1198]: access by
    > saned-user@dragon.stanleys.uow.edu.au accepted
    > Jun 26 11:37:59 dragon kernel: (scsi0:A:2:0): refuses synchronous
    > negotiation. Using asynchronous transfers
    > Jun 26 11:38:19 dragon last message repeated 8 times

    Most scsi scanners only use asyncronous transfer mode.
    That is not a problem, the messag simply says that the driver
    switches to asyncronous transer, that is not an error message.

    > Now, this driver reports that my iomega zip drive also doesn't support
    > synchronous negotiation, but it works with the other SCSI card. I
    > suspect the fault may like with the SCSI card driver...

    I am not sure but may be the zip drive only does support asyncronous transer mode?

    > However, I still wonder if sane supports asynchronous transfers?
    That is not a question of sane, only of the scsi card, scsi driver and the scanner.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de