Re: Getting scanner listed as a device

From: Bart Szyszka (bart@gigabee.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 08:12:08 PST

    > the command
    > find-scanner, run from root should tell you what device your scanner is
    > connected to. I.E. /dev/sg0 or whatever device it's been assigned. After this,
    > you want to find the config file for your scanner back-end and point it to this
    > device. If find-scanner doesn't work, then someone else will need to explain
    > why.

    OK, I tried running find-scanner and it doesn't seem to be finding anything.
    Any ideas? When I was recompiling the kernel (with make xconfig), I didn't
    see any options for setting up the scanner in there. I did setup the SCSI
    card and when I boot to Debian Linux then it does list a Scanner as being
    hooked up on the SCSI card (scsi0? although I don't see scsi0 under /dev).

    - Bart