Getting scanner listed as a device

From: Bart Szyszka (bart@gigabee.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 08:57:12 PST

    Hello,

    I've recently had to upgrade my Win98 to Windows2000 and unfortunately
    Mustek has decided not to support Windows 2000 at all so I'm trying
    to get my scanner working under Linux. I have a Mustek 1200 LS (SCSI).
    It's not list on the scanners page, but people have told me that some of
    the ones on there are compatible. My problem is that I can't get the device
    listed with scanimage --list-devices. I don't even have something called
    /dev/scanner, but when I boot up Debian Linux, when it's listing my SCSI card
    (scsi0?), it does say that there is a Scanner attached to it. Any ideas?

    --
    Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
    GigaBee Interactive  http://www.gigabee.com