Re: Getting scanner listed as a device

From: John Gay (John_Gay@eur.3com.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 09:44:06 PST

    I'm not sure what to do after this. As far as I knew, if the kernel reported the
    scanner during bootup, then find-scanner should see it. As for scsi0, this is a
    physical device. It won't be listed under /dev. Another place to look for scsi
    devices is /proc/scsi/scsi. Have a look in here, your scanner should be
    identified here, but I don't think it tells you which device it is installed
    under. Someone else will need to take over from here. I know some of the things
    I had to do when changed my SCSI bus a few months ago and my scanner
    disappeared, but find-scanner still found it for me.

    Could someone else some light on why find-scanner doesn't see his scanner?

    Wish I could do more.

    Cheers,

         John Gay