Re: More problems with Microtek ScanMaker X6

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 00:47:44 +0100

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 05:04:52PM +0100, Håkan Kvarnström wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I jusy bought and installed a rev. 1.20 Scanmaker X6. I am running
> SANE on SGI hardware and the packages compiles fine. I also installed
> the patch as described (and even patched the patch). Still, it does not
> work
> properly.
>
> These are my problems:
>
> 1. All scans with resolution above 190 DPI end up with a greenish tint.
> Seems like
> a bitplane is missing or something.

What version of the backend do you use ? The one included in sane-1.00
should not show this behaviour. A pre-0.6 version of the backend exists,
for which some people have reported problems, that look like yours.

> 2. Scans using 36-bit color mode termintes with the following error
> message:
>
> [readimagecmd]
> 28000000e000577a8800
> Assertion failed: EX, file scanimage.c, line 813
> Abort

The scanner (and the backend) support scans with a color depth of more
than 8 bit per color, but scanimage (and xscanimage, and most
image processing programs) don't.

> 3. Scans are slow. Not as fast as 6.5ms/line they state in the manual, even
>
> though the SCSI-bus is far from beeing choked.
>
> Does anyone have any idea of what´s wrong??

If the scanhead moves back and fourth during a scan, you might consider
to increase the 'option strip-height' in the microtek2.conf file. Otherwise
it's probably not a problem of sane or the backend.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de