Re: microtek ScanMaker X6 (EL)

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 00:16:01 +0100

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 10:35:47AM -0800, De Clarke wrote:

> I just ordered one of these pups and am alarmed by the amount
> of traffic (since I placed the order) about problems with them.
> Could one of the reigning SANE gurus possibly post a summary
> or FAQ about the X6 and the recommended SANE revision plus
> patches required to get it working?

The most common problem with this and some other models is, that they
produce images with corrupted colors after one sucessful scan.
V0.5 of the backend, which is included in sane-1.00, has a workaround
for this problem, but newer devices have a FW-version, where this
workaround fails.

You must assure, that the function do_dummy_scan() in microtek2.c is
executed in order to get the colors right. As written in an earlier mail,
I intend to publish a patch, that should eliminate this problem.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de