Re: snapscan and aic7xxx driver don't work together

From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 18:53:46 PDT

    I just tried the aic7xxx_old driver with my AIC-7850 card (using kernel
    2.4.5ac5 sources), and now my snapscan works wonderfully - in fact, even
    better than it did with the aha152x driver for my other SCSI card.

    My system is now capable of scanning and playing mp3s at the same time
    without any music breakup, which was always a problem with the aha152x
    driver.

    Unfortunately, the aic7xxx_old driver is no longer supported, so I hope the
    aic7xxx driver is fixed soon. I'll email the author.

    BTW, I presume your Prisa620ST is with the transparency adpater? How do you
    find it? I was offered a transparency adapter for AU$25.

    Ben.