Re: snapscan and aic7xxx driver don't work together

From: Steffen Kluge (kluge@fujitsu.com.au)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 17:42:05 PDT

    FWIW, the aic7xxx driver that comes with kernel 2.4.5 works fine
    with my 2940 and Prisa620ST. In fact, this is the best host
    adapter for scanning, out of the four I've tried so far. The
    Acard adapter that came with the scanner didn't work at all, an
    aha1542b played games with some system timers/times (the clock
    kept jumping forward while the driver was loaded), a Tekram 315U
    worked ok but the Tekram supplied driver can't keep up with
    kernel updates, and now, finally, I got a cheap secondhand 2940
    and works just fine and is supported by the mainstream kernel.

    I'm still getting I/O errors in xsane during certain operations,
    but I believe this to be a problem in communication between
    backend and sg, since it happened with the Tekram, too. Crossing
    my fingers for 1.0.5...

    Cheers
    Steffen.