Re: Hardware details for FB630U

From: Simon Heywood (simon.heywood@physics.org)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 03:12:40 PDT

    On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Nathan Robertson wrote:
    > Probably not. The only way we know what's in the 630U is because Simon
    > Heywood took a screwdriver and knife to his, read the chipset numbers
    > and found the specs from those chipsets manufacturers.
    > We'd love to think the 620U will be similar, but until you do something
    > similar to your scanner (or test our driver once we have something worth
    > testing - not now) then "you'll never never know".

    Yeah. It's not _that_ difficult to dismantle, assuming it's built in a
    similar way to all the recent CanoScan models, it just takes courage to
    pull apart something you've just spent a over a hundred quid on. I'm happy
    to provide instructions if anyone wants to do this - it would be nice to
    see what the specs are for other similar scanners, and it would be even
    nicer to turn the red Canon bit on Jonathan Buzzard's USB page to green.
    :-)

    --
      Simon Heywood <simon.heywood@physics.org>
      website: http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~phucq/