Re: Kernel 2.4.X and HP 5p Scanner

From: Miroslav BENES (mbenes@tenez.cz)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 00:26:02 PDT

    > Has anyone successfully gotten the HP Scanjet 5p scanner to work with the new
    > 2.4 kernel series?

    Yes.

    > It worked perfectly with the 2.2 series, but all it does
    > is attempts to scan (starts making noises) and return an error code with the
    > 2.4 kernels.

    It works with RedHat 7.1 with 2.4.2-5 kernel.

    > Error Returned:
    >
    > "Error during read: Error during device I/O"

    Have you SCSI controller from HP (sym53C416) or another ?

    Miroslav BENES
    system administrator
    TENEZ a.s.
    Chotebor
    Czech Republic
    ++420-453-662388

    TIP fot HP 5p users :
     - turn scanner off
     - set up SCSI address to 0 (near power cable)
     - push green "SCAN" button and hold
     - turn scanner on

    :-)

    S pozdravem