Kernel 2.4.X and HP 5p Scanner

From: Justin (justin@swalberg.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 15:52:24 PDT

    Has anyone successfully gotten the HP Scanjet 5p scanner to work with the new
    2.4 kernel series? It worked perfectly with the 2.2 series, but all it does
    is attempts to scan (starts making noises) and return an error code with the
    2.4 kernels.

    Error Returned:

    "Error during read: Error during device I/O"

    (I saw one other message on this mailing list in regards to this, but the
    answeres to the email were ambiguous. I'm not sure if the problem has been
    fixed or not).

    Thanks,

    Justin