Some other problems with snapscan

From: Maier Gerfried (moali@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 23:12:53 PDT

    When I was using the Kernel 2.2.5 sg.o (Sane 1.0.1 did not work with the
    2.2.19 sg and I read somewhere, that this could be due to the sg-driver)
    with my kernel 2.2.19 I received the error-message "scanimage:
    sane_start: Out of memory".
    (Agfa Snapscan 600, backend snapscan, sane-backends-CVS-2001-06-10)
    Now - since I'm using the kernel 2.2.19 sg.o - I can perform scans.

    But I think there are some errors:
    Receiving a color-preview with xsane the images length is enlarged, its
    width not. The preview-image is disorted. (and the scanner producing
    some really poor noise) When the preview-scan is finished, I receive the
    error-messages
    "Failed to set value of option resolution: Error during device I/O"
    "Failed to set value of option tl-x: Error during device I/O"
    "Failed to set value of option tl-y: Error during device I/O"
    "Failed to set value of option br-x: Error during device I/O"
    "Failed to set value of option br-y: Error during device I/O"
    "Failed to set value of option mode: Error during device I/O"

    Color-scans seem to work, but the 600dpi scan is really slow. And I mean
    really (over 10 minutes for an area of about 2 centimetres x 5
    centimetres.

    Is it possible that these errors came with my use of the 2.2.19 sg? What
    files do I have to replace when I want to use the 2.2.5 sg? (sg.c, but
    do I have to replace sg.h too?)

    I'm using xsane-0.78-win32 and xsane-0.76 (and the version of sane
    mentioned above)

    Thanks for any hints.
    Maier Gerfried