Re: Compiling on OS/2

From: Franz Bakan (fbakan@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 16:04:52 PDT

    On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:20:13 +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    >> test.exe (which seems to be needed by the build-process
    >> of xscanimage) has to be compiled manually here.
    >> Bug or feature?
    >
    >I'm not sure what you are talking about. test isn't compiled (or
    >installed) automatically and that's intentional. $TESTPROGRAMS isn't
    >in $PROGRAMS.
    >
    >I can't find any reference in sane-frontends/src/Makefile.in for test.
    >Could you give some details?

    The problem is ./configure:

    G:\sane-frontends >sh configure
    checking whether GIMP plugin is requested... yes
    checking for sane-config... (cached) g:/usr/bin/sane-config
    checking for SANE - version >= 1.0.0... no
    *** Could not run SANE test program, checking why...
    *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
    *** exact error that occured. This usually means SANE was incorrectly installed
    *** or that you have moved SANE since it was installed. In the latter case, you
    *** may want to edit the sane-config script: g:/usr/bin/sane-config
    ERROR: SANE is needed for compiling sane-frontends
         - if you installed SANE as rpm make sure you also included
           sane-devel