HP Scanjet 2200C (USB) - Any info?

From: Stefan Nilsen (stefan.nilsen@telia.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 17:45:01 PDT

    Hi.

    I have bought a scanjet 2200c , but of course there is no drivers, and no
    info :-(

    I tried the scanner module in SuSE 7.1, giving the vendor and product
    options, but I don't know what to expect from that driver. Scanimage did not
    find it using the HP-driver.

    Does anyone know anything about this scanner? Does the internals look like
    any of the other USB HP scanners?

    Does it need any special firmware, downloaded using the driver, to initialize
    the beast?

    If I want to code a driver for this, is there any important sane specific
    info I should read first?

    Would anyone like an usb-snoop log when I scan a small image, to identify
    what protocol it uses?

    Thanks in advance for your time.

    /Stefan