Re: Feature freeze for 1.0.4

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 09:58:06 PST

    On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 10:47:11AM +0000, Timo Hoderlein wrote:
    > will the updates for the snapscan backend be included in 1.0.4, too?

    No. At least nobody has comitted code to SANE CVS until the beginning
    of feature freeze and I don't think I got an email containing a patch
    or a request to include the changes. I asked more than once if there
    is something that should be included before 1.0.4 but got no response
    (concerning snapscan). So probably the snapscan code isn't stable
    enough for release? Or did I miss something?

    I will add a paragraph about snapscan in the TODO list. Shouldn't we
    point to the development homepage in the sane.desc file (that will be
    used for the sane-backends.html web page on www.mostang.com) or at
    least in the man page?

    Bye,
      Henning