Re: Re: Snapscan 310 resolution problem

From: cbagwell@sprynet.com
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 08:08:38 PST

    sane-devel@mostang.com wrote:
    > Hi Sebastien,
    > you're right. I just donwloaded the manual for my scanner. > Optically, it
    > can scan 300 ppi (horizontal) x 600 ppi (vertical). By interpolation > it
    > scans up to 4800 ppi (horizontal and vertical). Can you tell me how
    > interpolation works?

    This brings up a topic that was discussed a while back. Should we
    have a new classification for scanners that have uneven scan
    resolutions? Those would be allowed to interpolate so that you got
    an even 600 x 600 dpi. I'm assuming the vertical 600 would be a
    better version than pure interpolation alone could produce?

    Chris