[SnapScan] Core testing group

From: Timothy Little (tim@lilly-villa.little-possums.net)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 15:20:39 PDT

    On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 01:27:21PM -0700, Lawrence Glaister wrote:
    > There does seem to be a welcome flurry of activity relating to the snapscan
    > backend. It seems that the best method of bringing the software up to date
    > may be to assemble a core group of people with a variety of scanners and
    > have them test changes as proposed.

    That sounds like a very good idea. I'd be happy to test out CVS
    versions on my Agfa Snapscan 1212U (no firmware upload model).

    Is it possible to test parallel versions of SANE without having to
    reinstall every time a change is made? Also, I have had a few cases
    where the scanner (or drivers) locked up and SANE refused to work
    until I reset my computer. Is there a way to reset the drivers or
    devices without rebooting?

    - Tim