Re: [SnapScan] Core testing group

From: cbagwell@sprynet.com
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 10:00:06 PDT

    sane-devel@mostang.com wrote:
    > > cbagwell@sprynet.com writes:
    > > Is the snapscan driver being actively mantained by someone? If I
    > > submit patches can we get them into CVS? I'd be happy to set up a
    > > web page to cordinate our patches and perhaps the SCSI/USB dumps
    > > from windows if people think it would be useful.
    >
    > We're trying to make a small group of people to maintain it, even if
    > it's a difficult task given the lack of documentation.
    >
    > I had the same idea to make a web page. Maybe the best solution would
    > be to create a snapscan account on SourceForge and to give the
    > password to each member of this small testing group.

    I am the mantainer of the SoX package and I've recently switched
    over to sourceforge. It does work great and does have everything
    we would need. It would solve the long term mantainer problem
    you mentioned.

    It has a place to collect multiple patches and CVS as well. What
    does everyone think? Its trivial to create an account on
    sourceforge. I'd be happy to do it if the group
    gives the go ahead. Else if there are a core set of people already
    talking with each other then you can go ahead and create it so
    that your set in the developer list by default.