Re: [SnapScan] color problem 300dpi

From: Lawrence Glaister (lg@jfm.bc.ca)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 13:27:21 PDT

    There does seem to be a welcome flurry of activity relating to the snapscan
    backend. It seems that the best method of bringing the software up to date
    may be to assemble a core group of people with a variety of scanners and
    have them test changes as proposed. I have the Agfa Snapscan 1212u_2
    available for testing and would be willing to download CVS versions as
    required
    to verify operation on this scanner. I am not comfortable enough with the
    backend
    to understand the ramifications of all the changes, but have enough
    debugging skills
    to track down some problems. Steve, as you wrote some of the latest changes,
    I would suggest you may be a good person to submit patches to the CVS or the
    group of testers and have them report the results.
    There seems to be quite a range of scanners that use the snapscan backend...
    what
    would be the best way to assemble a group of testers? additions to the
    readme in
    the CVS? this news group? Tagging related info with [snapscan] on this group
    is definitely helpful in tracking related messages.

    Lawrence Glaister VE7IT email: lg@jfm.bc.ca
    1462 Madrona Drive http://jfm.bc.ca
    Nanoose Bay BC Canada
    V9P 9C9