Re: Mustek 600IICD DTC3181E or 53c810

From: Dario Abatianni (eisfuchs@tigress.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 09:44:49 PDT

    On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 23:39:13 +0200 (MET DST), Ingo Wilken said:

    > activated by a jumper. The scanner most likely has no terminator
    built
    > in, so you have to buy one for the second connector (25 pin) on it, or a
    > pass-through terminator for the first (50 pin) connector. Both kinds
    > cost about $5-$10 (I don't know the prices in the US. I pay about 10 DM
    > here in Germany at a large electronics store. Computer stores usually

    Heh :) I live in Germany, too, so I hope those prices apply here as well ;)
    Anyway, thanks for your help. Nobody could tellme until now, if the scanner
    was terminated by default or not. I think I'll try the pass-through
    terminator.

    > charge 25-30 DM.) If your bus still works unreliable after fixing all
    > that, set it to operate at 5MHz asynchronous (ncr53c8xx=sync:255).

    I tried to alter those parameters before, but nothing happened and a cat
    /proc/scsi/ ... call came back with the original used values.

    > Ingo

    Thanks

    --
    Dario