Re: Mustek 600IICD DTC3181E or 53c810

From: abel deuring (a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 05:09:00 PDT

    Dario Abatianni wrote:

    > The scsi driver
    > recognizes the scanner as "QALLEP" instead of "SCANNER" and it reports a
    > parity error. Is there anything I can do? Unfortunately I don't have the
    > money to buy all kinds of cable adapters (the Mustek has both, a 25 Pin and
    > 50 Pin SCSI connecor), so I would be most thankful if anyone could tell me,
    > which adaptor I have to use to make this work.

    Could it actually be "QAALLEP" instead of "QALLEP"?

    Obviously, Bit 1 is pulled down to 0:

    The ASCII codes:

    Q: 0x51 --- S: 0x53
    A: 0x41 --- C: 0x43
    A: 0x41 (ok)
    L: 0x4c --- N: 0x4e
    E: 0x45 (ok)
    P: 0x50 --- R: 0x52

    If your are using a "high density" 50 pin connector, have a careful look
    to the connector's pins: Some time ago, I managed to bend one of these
    pins so that it did no longer fit into its counterpart.

    Abel