Re: Acer620UT

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 13:22:36 PDT

    > I have produced an updated snapscan driver at
    > ftp://www.coppice.org/pub/snapscan/snapscan-20000514.tar.gz This fixes
    > a color alignment problem with the driver, but I don't know what else it
    > may have broken.

    The driver works for me (with kernel 2.2.15, backported USB and sane 1.0.2) on
    my 620UT. (As already mentioned, you need to remove the comment from '#include
    "snapscan-usb.c"'). snapscan-usb.c is not compiled separately.

    Remember to upload the firmware to the scanner using 'acerfirm' (you may want
    to check http://utopia.knoware.nl/~joey/linux/acerscan.htm). The firmware file
    I use is located in Windows/twain_32/mira3_20/bin/u64v115.bin on my Windows
    harddrive.

    You also may have to edit your snapscan.conf file. Mine looks like this:

    scsi AGFA
    scsi COLOR
    scsi Color
    /dev/usbscanner