Re: Acer620UT

From: Steve Underwood (
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 19:12:44 PDT

    Paul Nixon wrote:

    > I'm working on trying to get my Acer 620UT USB scanner working and so
    > far I've not had any luck. I apologize in advance if the info I
    > provide is not in any logical order. 2.2.16 kernel, 2.3 backport
    > (about 2 weeks ago), Sane 1.0.1 with Henrik Johansson's patch
    > applied. I see in /usr/local/bin/sane*/backend there is a snapscan.c
    > and a snapscan-usb.c file, but only snapscan gets built. Is there
    > really a snapscan-usb or is that part of the patch I applied? Should I
    > just get a newer version of Sane? When I boot my system it says "USB
    > scanner has claimed interface xxx" along with "USB scanner,
    > Manufacturer Color" and "USB scanner, Product ID: FlatbedScanner 13",
    > or words to that effect. However, scanimage -L and scanimage -T seem
    > to lock the USB bus for a long time. Would appreciate any help. Thanks
    > in advance, Paul Nixon

    I'm not sure if the USB patch works with SANE 1.0.1 I understand it
    works with 1.0.2. You need to edit the snapscan.c files to enable it,
    though. Scan the files for snapscan-usb.c, and you should find an
    include which is commented out. Enable it and rebuild.

    I have produced an updated snapscan driver at This fixes
    a color alignment problem with the driver, but I don't know what else it
    may have broken. It works OK for my Acer 610+, but that is the only
    scanner I have tried it with. I haven't had a lot of feedback from other
    people. This driver is now in the latest CVS copy of SANE, if you want
    to grab that and try it.

    Source code, list archive, and docs:
    To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail