this is an update of the todo list. If you find errors or have additions
please email me.
The plan is to declare code freeze on 2000-08-02 (wednesday). This means,
only code that fixes severe bugs should be included into CVS after this
date. Please try especially to not break compiling on non-Linux platforms
because I am not sure if I have the time to re-check all platforms before
release. If you are in doubt about your check-in, please ask me or another
maintainer to double-check before including in CVS.
TODO for 1.0.3 (as of 2000-07-28)
* Bug in sane_control_option()
There was a possible segfault in this function. The pointer "info" was
not checked for NULL in all cases. This was found in the mustek, v4l and
canon backends and is now fixed. Please check your backends for this
* Fix sane_close bug
- artec (maintainer is in the process of fixing this)
* use DBG(...) instead of fprintf(stderr, ...)
* Test SANE on different os/platforms, fix possible compilation problems
Test methods: scanimage -d pnm:0 --filename=file.pnm -T
scanimage -d net:localhost:pnm:0 --filename=file.pnm -T
(not possible if I'm not root on the system)
xscanimage / gimp with xscanimage plugin (where available)
All the above with shared and static libraries.
OK: compiling, installing and testing worked
NO: one (or more) of these steps didn't work
?: can't test (e.g. no scanner at this machine or no root access)
Platform static shared SCSI Net X gimp
Linux/x86 OK OK OK OK OK OK
Solaris/Sparc OK OK ? ? ? ?
AIX/RS6000 OK NO(1) ? ? ? ?
Irix (2) OK OK ? OK OK OK
(1) I can't get to work the compilation of AIX shared libraries. The
first problem is that the filename of every library is
libsane.so.version not e.g. libsane-mustek.so.version so the
libraries overwrite each other. By temporarily removing Olivers
soname addition to ltmain.sh the right libraries are compiled
and installed. Buuut starting scanimage -L results in a segmentation
fault. SOmeone with more experience in this field?
(2) I had to disable dc210 for Irix because the jpeg libraries on the
two Irix systems I tested produced all kinds of problems
(compilation and linking).
* check consistency in *.desc (e.g.: interface "Parport" not "Parallel")
look at the file "template.desc." for examples.
- artec (see above)
- hp (maintainer was contacted)
- umax (maintainer was contacted)
* ":interface" missing in .desc
- microtek2 (interface entry for only one scanner?)
- st400 (interface entry for only one scanner?)
* Missing manpage entry in .desc
* other manpage related
- coolscan: man page is not installed, README not updated
I will try to fix everything I can by monday if the maintainers won't
have done this until the weekend.
I consider the following points as not release-critical, but they
should be done nevertheless:
* use sanei_config_read() instead of fgets()
* Documentation for sanei API
- any ideas for this?
To change before release:
* Change default to --disable-warnings
* increase version number
* remove freeze markers
-- Source code, list archive, and docs: http://www.mostang.com/sane/ To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Jul 28 2000 - 09:17:50 PDT