Re: Linux Magazine Scanner story

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 20:54:19 PST

    [Robert McMillan]
    > If anybody has a recommendation for me, I'd welcome your comments
    > (feel free to tell me why the scanner is good, too).

    I've tested a few scanners; AGFA Snapscan 1236S, HP ScanJet II, Canon
    Coolscan 1000. The only one I've been able to use all the time with
    no problems whatsoeveris the HP ScanJet II. I'm not sure about the
    current status of the other backends as it is a long time since I had
    access to test equipment, but if someone ask me which scanner they
    should buy, I'll suggest HP ScanJet (ignoring the price of
    course. :-).

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen <##    | pere@td.org.uit.no
     O-  <SCRIPT Language="Javascript">window.close()</SCRIPT>