Re: Backend page on www.mostang.com

From: David Mosberger-Tang (David.Mosberger@acm.org)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 20:55:30 PST

      Jonathan> pere@hungry.com said:
    >> The backend page is generated based on the content of
    >> backend/*.desc. I guess your web pages should be linked from the
    >> documentation web page. You will have to get David to do this
    >> for you.

      Jonathan> The point was that previously they where linked from these
      Jonathan> pages and even the front page of the web site suggests
      Jonathan> that there is a link to my pages on the backend page.

    My bad. I accidentally nuked that list when I installed the updated
    backend page. It's probably best to put together a separate web page
    that contains all the links to the various sites. Unfortunately, I'll
    be in Singapore on business all week next week and won't have time to
    do anything SANE related this week. But if someone sends me either a
    web page or a "link to a page of links", I'd be happy to add it.

      Jonathan> It is no great loss for me, but based on the traffic I was
      Jonathan> getting on the site other people might not hold the same
      Jonathan> view.

    Yes, I think that information was/is very valuable.

    Jonathan, I think you also ask about why you're getting unsubscribed
    sometimes: basically, what happens is that you get unsubscribed if
    mail starts bouncing. Sometimes, that may be due to a network
    failure, though I try to filter those out.

            --david