RE: Linux Magazine Scanner story

From: Christian Ordig (chr.ordig@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 03:22:32 PST

    On 15-Mar-00 Robert McMillan wrote:
    > Hey,
    >
    > I'm editing a story about Scanners from Linux Magazine, and I'm trying
    > to put a list of scanners that are known to work with Linux. I know
    > about the http://panda.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html page, but I'm
    > trying to get information based on personal experience about what
    > scanners really are the best to use with Linux.

    you should also look thru the Linux Hardware HowTo... There is a scanner section which lists quite
    a lot of scanners, and how they work.

    http://www.programmers.net/linux/LDP/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO-22.html

    I use a Primax Colorado Direct with our current Beta-driver which can be found at
    http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax/

    btw.: for which Linux Magazine are you writing this article? The German "Linux Magazin"?

    ---
    Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
    Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig <chr.ordig@gmx.net>
      / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
     / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting
    /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.