Re: New CVS snapshot 20000213

From: abel deuring (a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 09:32:23 PST

    [second attempt to write this mail: the first obviously did get through
    to the mailing list]

    Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > Time to release a new CVS snapshot of the unstable development version
    > of SANE. I planned this snapshot to mark the code freeze before we
    > release SANE 1.0.2, but will postpone the code freeze to next Sunday.
    > The mailing list has been offline for one week, and I do not feel
    > comfortable doing code freeze after one week of silence.

    I compiled the CVS state from yesterday evening with egcs version
    2.91.66/Suse Linux 6.3. The compiler spits out countless warnings
    "pointer type void used in integer arithmetic". Most if not all of there
    warnings come from memset (13 warnings for each call) and string
    functions like strcps or strcmp (3 warnings for each call).

    Therefore I suggest to remove the flag -Wpointer-arith from the final
    release.

    Abel