Re: ScanExpress 12000SP Plus NOW WORKS!!!

From: abel deuring (a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 07:59:40 PST

    federici.solari@tiscalinet.it wrote:

    > I read a message (posted by Joerg Budweg posted Sun Jan 09 2000) in the
    > January mailist archive explaining how to change mustek.desc and
    > mustek.c in order to make the backend work with the "Plus". I've added a
    > new line in mustek.desc:
    >
    > :model "SCANNER V101"
    > :comment "1 pass; (f/w == 1.01; scsi id XC06 S1212IDW)"
    >
    > (I couldn't get the scsi id from the command 'SANE_MUSTEK_DEBUG=3;
    > scanimage -h -d mustek > /dev/null', as suggested, because I don't have
    > the debug info displayed)
    >
    > then changed line 765 in mustek.c into:
    > else if (strncmp(model_name, "XC06", 4) == 0)
    > ^
    > Now the scanner works fine. Next step will be to try to change sg.c to
    > increase buffer size.

    I would recommend to install a recent version of the SG driver (2.1.36
    for example) from http::/www.torque.net/sg. It supports the change of
    the buffer size at program run time; if you use one of the last CVS
    snapshots of Sane, you can select the buffer size by setting the
    environment variable SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE to the desired buffer size (in
    bytes). But beware: If your try to use "really large" buffers (roughly
    more than 1 MB), it can happen that the kernel cannot allocate this
    buffer. And if my memory is right, the Mustek backend restricts the
    buffer size to 64 kB for some scanners. But don't ask any details, for
    which scanner and why...

    Abel