Re: myterious success problem...

Andreas Rick (rickand@gemse.fr)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:55:39 +0200

Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> You are confused by the subject of this mail?
> Me too, me too...
>
> What happens?
> I have written the first skeleton of a backend for the
> AVISION AV630CS scanner.
>
> It "works" (which means the scanner scans a little area) on
> my friends Linux box (AHA290 controller). It does NOT work
> on my own box (TekRAM 390F/symbios chipset). It locks my whole
> system. I have to switch off the computer (not only reboot),
> so the disk becomes accessible again.
>
> My question: Is there anything known according this problem?
> Do I have to tweak anything in the kernel (it
> both does not work with 2.2.10 and 2.3.8)?
> Can I switch off sync/tagged command queing/
> linked commands for one specific SCSI-device?

Hi Meino

What SCSI card driver do you use for your TekRAM 390F?
I experienced similar behaviour: (system locks up)
while using the AM53C974 driver for my Nikon LS30 scanner.
When switching to the tmscsi driver
(which also supports the TEKRAM 390) it worked.
A figured out the it was the autofocus command of my
driver that caused the system to hang (but I cant avoid
it if I want to use the scanner).

--
Andreas