Re: myterious success problem...

Meino Christian Cramer (root@solfire.ludwigsburg.netsurf.de)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:57:40 GMT

From: Andreas Rick <rickand@gemse.fr>
Subject: Re: myterious success problem...
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:55:39 +0200

Hi!

> Hi Meino
>
> What SCSI card driver do you use for your TekRAM 390F?

The Linux-built-in driver sym53c8xx by Gerard Roudier.

> I experienced similar behaviour: (system locks up)
> while using the AM53C974 driver for my Nikon LS30 scanner.

What is AM53C974 for a driver? Windows?

> When switching to the tmscsi driver

Also this one is unknown to me...

> (which also supports the TEKRAM 390) it worked.
> A figured out the it was the autofocus command of my
> driver that caused the system to hang (but I cant avoid
> it if I want to use the scanner).

Gerard and me have looked to the SCSI talks and find one
suspicious thing: The scan command may exceed the max.
duration for a SCSI command - an SCSI bus rest follows, which
is not understood by the scanner.

I have inserted a second controller, so if it hangs my harddiscs
remain available and it is possible to reboot the machine.

Nevertheless the status is ot satisfying...

> --
> Andreas

KEEP HACKING THE MATRIX!
Meino

*** YOU CAN STILL GET OUT OF THE MATRIX! ***
*** USE LINUX! ***