Re: trust backend?

Roderick Klein (rwklein@wxs.nl)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:40:22 -0100

Yvan Cottyn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a new subscriber to the list.
>
> I found this posting in the archive:
>
> >Hello,
> >I have a Trust Imagery 2400SP.
> >Since I found some questions on your mailing list concerning Trust
> >Scanners, I want to ask:
> >How do I get SANE working with Trust Imagery 2400SP ?
> >Is this scanner compatible to any scanner which is already supported ?
> >Since it is a scanner which fulfills the TWAIN standard, it should in
> >principle be very easy to support it ?
> >i. e., is there any general TWAIN driver/backend for SANE ?
> >Thank you very much (especially for developing SANE :-),
> >Yours, (NAME DELETED ON REQUEST OF AUTHOR)
>
> but I could not find any replies to the posting.
>
> so.... same question here....
>
> is there a Trust Imagery (compatible) backend?

First of all let me correct one think. A scanner that is twain can work
with the TWAIN standard has nothing to do with the hardware. In a twain
driver some special calls are put which make it possible for program
devolpers to "talk" to scanner with standard commando's. Kind of API's
for scanners. So as far as I know twain as nothing to do with the
hardware.

The trust scanner is not supported by sane. I have a Trust 2400SP and I
think I'm one of few people in this world who is using this think under
a none Microsoft OS. I using is under WIN/OS2 under OS/2 (Mind you
WIN/OS2 for OS/2 Warp 4 is Windows 3.1 but almast complety rewritten by
IBM!). It works great.

1. First hind for people who are working with a trust scanner. Allthough
it is of topic you may trie it with WINE.

2. Get OS/2 and use it with this (please not command about OS/2 dead or
alive, its just a suggestion!).

3. Well look at the FCC number of the Trust scanner and go to
www.fcc.gov. Bingo its a Teco Scanner. If I remeber it correctly the
2400 SP was also sold under name Scorpio. I have on application IMPOS/2
that supports mustek scanners. When I pick a random mustek scanner and
use it with my Trust the scanner moves a little bit a shut stops. I need
to turn it of and back on. So there is change that this think will work
with a SANE mustek back end. This is for the people who have time left
to experiment.

Greetings Roderick Klein