Re: Scanner survey: Which scanner do you have?

Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:58:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> I ask you not to send the replies to the list, as each individual
> answer has limited value, and would only waste the readers time.

Well, the list insists on setting Reply-To: so it can have this reply.
I don't like to keep objecting to this, but given the opportunity...

> What scanner(s) do you have access to?

HP ScanJet IIc w/ ADF
good access
A couple of more modern HP Scanners with tape over the identifiers
infrequent access
Nikon LS-1000
good access, but I don't have any slide or negatives (!)

> Does it work with SANE?

The ScanJet IIc works rather well (certainly better than Windows)
The other HPs should work but aren't tested
The Nikon is detected, but I have no slides

> If so, which backend and frontend are you using?

ScanJet IIc == hp + saned + net + XSane, scanimage, xscanimage
Nikon LS == coolscan + scanimage