Re: Microtek V300, anyone?

mike (v_due@mindspring.com)
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:19:40 -0400

Marcel Oliver wrote:

> mike wrote:
> > AMD K6/128mb
> > BusLogic BT-948
> > Microtek V300 -This is what I meant
> >

> > I see the Mustek listed -Doh!
>
> Mustek??? What's your output exactly?

I typed that way to late last night. Sorry. I am very new to sane, so
please bear
with me.......but output from what exactly? scanimage -L returns this
though:

device 'pnm:0' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
device 'pnm:1' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device

> Just to be sure, you do have the SCSI version?

Yes

> It comes with an AVA1505?

Yes

> I have the E3 plus which identifies itself as "Scanner 300A4"
> so is probably close to what you have.

Doing a 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi' also returns a Scanner 300A4. Cool.

> After a bunch of SCSI problems I got it to work fine (still having some
> problem with adding an ADF, though). Is your SCSI card recognized?

Yep. All of my disks are on the card. no id conflicts, and the termination
is correct.
BusLogic makes a pretty danged good card. It has been working fine for me
under all of the kernels I have used.

> Is your scanner recongized?

Yep. (See 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi above)

> Did you switch off PNP on your SCSI card?

PCI based UltraSCSI card, so I wouldn't think that prug 'n prey would have
any effect. All of the other devices are working fine on the scsi bus. I
set up
the scanner with disconnect off and asynchronous negotiation

> (Major source of trouble...)
>
> Marcel

Thanks for the reply. It seems that my scanner looks the same as yours to
the scsi
bus, so I have probably missed something blatant. I'm not sure what I
missed though.
I have looked through all of the man pages and I have read mailing list
archive, so I
thought I was well prepared.

I installed sane-0.74-3 and sane-devel-0.74-3 from ftp.redhat.com as an
rpm, so
I imagine that the binaries were built properly. The rpms installed without
a hitch.
Heck, I even uninstalled sane after my first try, and then re-installed it
because I
thought having the scanner on the bus might make a difference.

mike