Re: Microtek V300, anyone?

Marcel Oliver (moliver@math.uci.edu)
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 00:09:46 -0700 (PDT)

mike wrote:
> AMD K6/128mb
> BusLogic BT-948
> Microtek V300
>
> Linux 2.0.35-2 (RH5.1)
> gimp-1.0.0-6
> sane-0.74-3
>
> The scanner is connected to the BusLogic, and terminated. I
> also have the controller set to asynch, disconnect off. Unfortunately,
> the only 'devices' recognized sane are the pnms. If I cat
> /proc/scsi/scsi,
> I see the Mustek listed

Mustek??? What's your output exactly?

> I have not seen the V300 listed as a supported device, but what the
> heck, it only cost me $29. Anyone have success with this scanner?
> I have all of the non-Microtek backends commented out of dll.conf.

Just to be sure, you do have the SCSI version? It comes with an
AVA1505? I have the E3 plus which identifies itself as "Scanner 300A4"
so is probably close to what you have.

After a bunch of SCSI problems I got it to work fine (still having some
problem with adding an ADF, though). Is your SCSI card recognized?
Is your scanner recongized? Did you switch off PNP on your SCSI card?
(Major source of trouble...)

Marcel