Re: Microtek V300, anyone?

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 16:07:38 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 18, 1998 at 12:52:45AM -0400, mike wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I have the following, and I wonder if anyone has had success?
>
> AMD K6/128mb
> BusLogic BT-948
> Microtek V300
>
> Linux 2.0.35-2 (RH5.1)
> gimp-1.0.0-6
> sane-0.74-3
>
> The scanner is connected to the BusLogic, and terminated. I
> also have the controller set to asynch, disconnect off. Unfortunately,
> the only 'devices' recognized sane are the pnms. If I cat
> /proc/scsi/scsi,
> I see the Mustek listed
>
> I have not seen the V300 listed as a supported device, but what the
> heck, it only cost me $29. Anyone have success with this scanner?
> I have all of the non-Microtek backends commented out of dll.conf.

The V300 looks exactly like a Scanmaker 330, so perhaps they are the same.
Support for the ScanMaker 330 is not included in sane-0.74.

Please download one of the files in

ftp://ftp.muc.de/people/bernds/mtek2

with a version 0.4 or higher. Maybe, that the V300 works with them. If
not, please send me a trace with SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK2 set to 30.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de