Re: SANE 0.72 + UMAX Astra 610S + Always IN2000 = No Joy :(

William T Wilson (fluffy@dunadan.com)
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 04:46:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Larry 'Daffy' Daffner wrote:

> Linux, but when I try to scan or preview an image, it just hangs and
> nothing happens. If I set debug on the scsi and umax, the last message

Are you doing this in color or black & white mode? I have tried the 610S
with the IN2000 as well as a Trantor T130B and have found that, generally,
black & white mode works quite well, whereas color mode will hang unless I
turn the scanner off and on again, then it aborts.

It appears to be very sensitive to the type of SCSI card in use. I would
like a list of the SCSI cards which definitely do and do not work for the
6x0S... I am tired of buying new SCSI cards to try to make the scanner
work. :)