Re: find scanner via /proc/scsi/scsi

Ondrej Popp (ondrej@geocities.com)
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 11:13:19 +0100

[50] popp@FastFelix $ readproc 'UMAX' 'Astra 1200S'
readproc reads /proc/scsi/scsi
and tries to find out on which device your scanner is connected
looking for vendor = "UMAX", model = "Astra 1200S"
device = 0 : vendor = "QUANTUM ", model = "FIREBALL_TM3200S", revision =
"300N"
device = 1 : vendor = "IBM ", model = "DPES-31080 ", revision =
"S31Q"
device = 2 : vendor = "TOSHIBA ", model = "CD-ROM XM-5301TA", revision =
"0925"
device = 3 : vendor = "UMAX ", model = "Astra 1200S ", revision =
"V2.8"
I guess the devicename is: /dev/sgd

I also find the programs addumax and delumax very usefull.
these can add or remove the umax scanner form the device list.
In this way you can have your scanner turned off during the initial
bootsequence,
and add it only when you want to use the scanner.
It is important however that the scsi id of the scanner remains the
same,
as it is hardcoded into these programs.
I dont remember who wrote it, maybe it was you :)
Maybe you would be willing to consider to incorporate your readproc
functionality into these programs?

regards,
Ondrej