Re: new SANE server machine

From: Jonathan Buzzard (jonathan@buzzard.org.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 10:10:29 PDT

    David.Mosberger@acm.org said:
    > As announced earlier, I'm using this hardware upgrade as an excuse to
    > also upgrade all the software, including the mailing list manager. On
    > that latter point, I decided to replace majordomo with GNU Mailman.
    > I'm currently testing the new set up and as far as I can tell, it all
    > looks good and I hope to switch over to the new machine sometime this
    > weekend (perhaps as early as Friday night, PDT). It's likely that
    > there will be a few hiccups over the next couple of days, but getting
    > the SANE mailing list and web server to work reliably again is my
    > highest priority, so if anything goes wrong, don't panic, but just
    > send me a mail (davidm@mostang.com) describing the problem.

    Is there any chance of setting the mailing list to bounce HTML mail with
    a suitable warning message that only plain ASCII emails are accepted?
    Forces people into good habits and eliminates a fair bit of spam which
    is often HTML based these days.

    JAB.

    --
    Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
    Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195