Re: Unable to configure Snapscan 1212u with SANE

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 09:48:39 PDT

    > Sorry if this is a frequently asked or answered problem, but I can't
    > seem to get the scanner to work.  I've compiled the sane backend v1.0.5
    > with the snapscan-20010411 patches.

    You shouldn't need to patch sane-1.0.5. The backend contained in the release
    is up to date.

    > I've tried running "scanimage -L" which blocks for quite some time,
    > during which I get the following messages in my system log over and
    > over:
    >
    > usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
    > scanner.c: write_scanner: NAK received.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas?

    Make sure that /dev/scanner does *not* exist. Also check that
    /dev/usb/scanner0 is listed in snapscan.conf. If this doesn't help, run
    'export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255' in your shell before executing scanimage -L
    and mail me the output.

    Good luck,

    Oliver