new SANE server machine

From: David Mosberger-Tang (David.Mosberger@acm.org)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 08:29:37 PDT

    I'm happy to announce that the new SANE web/mailing-list server
    machine has arrived! The machine is a dual 800MHz Itanium with 2GB of
    RAM and plenty of disk space. It is being sponsored by
    Hewlett-Packard in support of the SANE project.

    As announced earlier, I'm using this hardware upgrade as an excuse to
    also upgrade all the software, including the mailing list manager. On
    that latter point, I decided to replace majordomo with GNU Mailman.
    I'm currently testing the new set up and as far as I can tell, it all
    looks good and I hope to switch over to the new machine sometime this
    weekend (perhaps as early as Friday night, PDT). It's likely that
    there will be a few hiccups over the next couple of days, but getting
    the SANE mailing list and web server to work reliably again is my
    highest priority, so if anything goes wrong, don't panic, but just
    send me a mail (davidm@mostang.com) describing the problem.

    Stay tuned.

            --david