Re: Trust Imagery 4800 SP +

From: Mark Plowman (mplowman@wxs.nl)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 09:39:35 PDT

    Tim,

    > Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:53:33 +0200
    > From: Tim TimeWaster <tim@cuba.xs4all.nl>
    >
    > On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 01:38:13PM +0200, Tim TimeWaster wrote:
    > > On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 06:57:37PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > > It's a completely different scanner that's not produced by Mustek as
    > > > you can see from the debug output:
    > >
    > <...>
    > But a search for "VM3552" yielded some interesting results. Apart from being
    > a guitar effect device, VM3552 is apparently some scanner firmware and I
    > googled out the following scanners that may have it:
    >
    > Plustek OpticPro 2400
    > Microtek Scorpio Taurus Infinity
    > Relisys Scorpio VM3552
    >
    > None of these is supported by sane, but from the Plustek OpticPro family some
    > scanners are supported. Might I be lucky and find the support in one of the
    > sane drivers?

    This is the point where I stick up my hand: "Please, Sir" ;-)

    I am (sort of) coordinator of the (stagnating) Relisys/TECO Sane
    back end and because getting info from TECO is like getting blood out
    of a stone I had been doing some protocol sniffing on my VM3575 before
    my interest diminished.

    If the VM3552 has any likeness to the VM3575, or has any likeness to
    the Plustek OpticPro family, I would be interested in exchanging
    information/experiences.

    Who knows, it might get me re-motivated in time to do something again
    when the nights start getting long again...

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tim

    Greetings

    Mark