Re: yet another release

From: Oliver Neukum (Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 02:08:15 PDT

    Am Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2001 10:42 schrieben Sie:
    > On Tuesday 03 July 2001 20:43, you wrote:
    > > Hi list,
    > >
    > > here's the next release of the hpusbscsi driver. Scatter/gather should be
    > > implemented now. In this state the driver may be marginally useful.
    > > find-scanner will detect the scanner now. scanimage unfortunately does
    > > not like the scanner.
    >
    > Hello, just to say that:
    >
    > a) release-0.0.1 detects Scan Dual II without problems;

    Good ! :-)

    > b) I tested the behaviour of vuescan, which should theoretically work "out
    > of the box" with a "scsi" device and it detects the scanner, but waits for
    > over 10 minutes and then times out. It correctly identifies the scanner,
    > but fails to show the "properties" (dpi, etc).

    That is because vuescan will use the largest possible buffer of 128KB, which
    needs scatter/gather to work. Version 0.0.1 claims to support scatter/gather,
    but doesn't do anything, if someone tries to use it.

    > The logs show that when the program times out it is waiting on a read, but
    > I understand that for the promised behaviour of version 0.0.1 this is
    > normal. I will try version 0.0.2 tonight (but before I will check for
    > updates).

    I'll do no programming today. I promise.

            Regards
                    Oliver