Re: unknown type M or level @, using B3

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 17:10:16 PDT

    On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 11:51:02AM +0900, Gerhard Schuck wrote:
    > Well, during installation I had some trouble with my video card (after
    > inserting an ethernet card) because of irq conflicts and changed the order
    > of the pci-cards. Finally I deselected usb support in my bios (which is no
    > problem for me). But I'm not shure whether this is the cause of my problems

    The missing USB support is definitely not the cause for your problems, SCSI
    does not depend on the USB drivers.

    > with sane. The second scsi device, a cd-r writer, is working correctly. So
    > SCSI seams to be o.k. Or is it possible, that only the scanner is affected
    > while the cd-r writer works fine?

    Is your scanner the last device on the bus? Is it properly terminated?

    Karl Heinz

    --
    Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk@khk.net
    PGP Key at http://www.freecolormanagement.com/download/khk.asc