Re: Compiling on OS/2

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 11:49:37 PDT

    On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 11:42:26AM +0200, Paul Floyd wrote:
    > 2. pgcc croaked when trying to compile canon.c, so I switched back to
    > old emx

    Was there an error message concerning this file or was it just a
    resource problem? Canon.c stresses gcc heavily on my (Linux PC)
    system, too.

    > 3. lots of problems with the snapscan USB code, which I simply #defined away
    > => I would have thought that the reason for having separate snapscan-scsi.c
    > and snapscan-usb.c was to have the interfaces cleanly divided between
    > the two files; there are however several USB references in the SCSI file.

    This should be "fixed" by disabling snapscan if sem.h isn't present.
    For the next release, maybe the snapscan maintainer finds a smarter
    solution (e.g. disabling the USB part or using an alternative to
    semaphores).

    > 4. Also quite a few problems with umax_pp_low.c. This file does
    > include the emx header required for the functions to access byte/word
    > input/output, but the body of the file refers only to the Linux gcc
    > style functions. I think the answer is to use a few #defines like

    > #define _insp inb (or whatever).

    There have been some changes lately. So when you have some time, have
    a look at the new snapshots at http://www.mostang.com/sane/ or
    http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/download.html. Take the newest
    snapshot. Currently it's from 2001-06-11.

    Bye,
      Henning