Re: Compiling on OS/2

From: Paul Floyd (paulf@free.fr)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 01:22:45 PDT

    Quoting Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de>:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 11:42:26AM +0200, Paul Floyd wrote:
    > > 2. pgcc croaked when trying to compile canon.c, so I switched back to
    > > old emx
    >
    > Was there an error message concerning this file or was it just a
    > resource problem? Canon.c stresses gcc heavily on my (Linux PC)
    > system, too.

    I get an "out of memory" error (on a PC with 512M and about 300M swappable
    disk). pgcc doesn't seem to be maintained, and is a bit buggy. The alternative
    is emx, which is better maintained, but at the level of gcc 2.8.1 I think.

    [umax pp & sane usb]

    Will dl and try again next week.

    A bientot
    Paul

    --
    Paul Floyd   http://paulf.free.fr for those with time to waste
    What's the point? The sharp thing on the end.