Re: Compiling on OS/2

From: Paul Floyd (paulf@free.fr)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 02:42:26 PDT

    Quoting Franz Bakan <fbakan@gmx.net>:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On Sat, 9 Jun 2001 16:49:54 +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
    >
    > >> Configure checks for sys/sem.h, and doesn't find it,
    > >> but SnapScan is not disabled.
    > >
    > >There was a little bug (a comma) in the header test. This should be
    > >fixed now. I have also tried to fix the djpeg problem.
    >
    > Both things work fine now. Thanks
    >
    > The only problems that remain are
    > 1. the name of sanei_umax_pp_lamp() function
    > in the umax_pp backends should change
    > 2. the bug in umax_pp_low.c line 651
    > I reported earlier.

    Hi

    I had a go at building sane 2001-06-05 yesterday. Roughly, these were my
    experiences:

    1. The new os2unix script is a big improvement over plain old configure.

    2. pgcc croaked when trying to compile canon.c, so I switched back to old emx

    3. lots of problems with the snapscan USB code, which I simply #defined away
    => I would have thought that the reason for having separate snapscan-scsi.c
    and snapscan-usb.c was to have the interfaces cleanly divided between
    the two files; there are however several USB references in the SCSI file.

    4. Also quite a few problems with umax_pp_low.c. This file does include the emx
    header required for the functions to access byte/word input/output, but the body
    of the file refers only to the Linux gcc style functions. I think the answer is
    to use a few #defines like

    #define _insp inb (or whatever).

    5. in tools and frontends, I had to edit the Makefiles in order to get omf .exe
    files instead of (presumably) a.out files. Perhaps that is a os2unix problem.

    After all that, I had scanimage.exe (which did nothing) and the
    sane-find-scanners.exe (which did seem to work).

    My family are visiting this week, so I probably won't be able to do anything
    else for a week or so.

    Hwyl
    Paul

    --
    Paul Floyd   http://paulf.free.fr for those with time to waste
    What's the point? The sharp thing on the end.