Re: Any Work is done for barcode scanners.

From: Mick Barry (mick@objects.com.au)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 22:58:07 PDT

    Guru Prasad wrote:

    > Hi to Sane List,
    >
    > Is SANE is purely for image scanning and data retrieval for flat-bed
    > scanners and camera . Is any work done for reading barcodes. In other
    > words, i have a requirement for interfacing web browsers with the barcode
    > readers. ( Can a Web browser read directly from a barcode scanner
    > ?).

    We're working on a commercial solution for interfacing browsers and
    scanners. There's some details at
    http://www.objects.com.au/products/josi/servlet, or you can email me at
    mick@objects.com.au if want to discuss anything further.
    It's interfacing with the barcode reader that I'm not to sure about. How
    is the software currently talking to the scanner? Is it TWAIN or does it
    have some proprietry interface?