Re: xsane requests username and password after saned has exited

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 03:43:03 PDT

    On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 09:16:53AM +0100, Nick Lamb wrote:
    > In that case, wouldn't it be a good idea to remove all the special case
    > code from saned which makes it commit suicide if left idle for more
    > than a few moments?
    > By default TCP does exactly what you want, but it seems someone has
    > dedicated their time to undoing this facility. Perhaps they are on
    > the list and can explain why?

    If someone can write a patch and explain what it does exactly, we can
    include it. However please don't forget other platforms, e.g. OS/2. I
    don't want to introduce new problems before the next release.

    As a workaround for 1.0.5: Does it help to just increase the watchdog
    time to e.g. 30 or 60 minutes?

    Source code, list archive, and docs:
    To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail